Makes 16 5x5cm squares
Before you start:
Grease and line a 20cm x 20cm square tin with baking paper
Preheat oven to 170C
Ensure all ingredients are at room temperature before starting
100g Chocolate couverture milk (best quality available), melted
80g Butter, unsalted
75g Yogurt, natural
80g Eggs, whole
100g Plain flour
1tsp Baking powder
175g Brown sugar, light
150g Peanut Butter, crunchy or smooth
75g White chocolate buttons
75g Peanuts whole, toasted (optional)
4g Vanilla paste
In a mixing bowl beat together the butter and peanut butter until soft. Add in the sugar, egg and vanilla paste and mix until combined.
Add in the melted chocolate and mix until smooth. Add in the flour, baking powder and yogurt.
Lastly fold through the white chocolate pieces and peanuts.
Place into a baking tin that has been lined with baking paper and smooth with a spatula so the mixture is evenly spread.
Place into the preheated oven (170 degrees) and bake for 25-35 mins until just baked. The centre will feel set but still soft, so the brownies come out nice and fudgy.
Leave to cool completely. Place a tray over the tin and flip over to turn out. Then place another tray on top and re-flip so the brownies are the right way up. Cut into desired portions and serve immediately or store in an airtight container.
– Eat at room temperature as is!
– Serve warm, 1-2 mins in microwave or place in the oven wrapped in foil.
– Serve with ice cream, berries or whipped cream.
– Use as a layer in another cake creation.
– Keep in an airtight container at room temperature for 6 days in a cool environment (pantry is perfect).
– Keep in the refrigerator for 2 weeks in an airtight container.
– Store in the freezer for up to 3 months in an airtight container.